TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Fleeing China - Teachers Discussion *Link*
Jamieson - 2007-05-16
In response to Fleeing? - Teachers Discussion (Daniel)

Daniel,

Don't stress about these issues. If you are part-way through, or indeed just beginning a contract and you smell a rat, DON'T TELL ANYONE that you will bug out. I know it's very tempting to want to share your opinion with anyone (as we Westerners love to do...)but in China, to avoid unpleasantries, just do it, and TELL NO-ONE.

As far as 'the Authorities' are concerned, by the time they have figured out that your non-appearance at your school and your empty apartment means that you have indeed bailed, you'll be in Wichita, L.A. or wherever. Just don't F**k around, procrastinate or whine to strangers after you've had a few beers.

Word travels real fast in China.

The essence is STEALTH and SILENCE. Make a lightning plan, book and pay for train tickets and adjust your return flight schedule by phone with Mastercard/Visa, or cash. You don't need to show ID when catching a train in China.

Remember, Shhhhh.

They won't hunt you down.Trust me.Paranoia doesn't happen in China if you are fast.Be quick on your feet mate. If you want to bail, do it fast, don't present with issues and GO. FAST.

No point arguing with obtuse school and Government officials. You want to go?

Then go.

Jamieson. 4 years in China.

Messages In This Thread
Fleeing? - Teachers Discussion -- Daniel -- 2007-05-15
Fleeing China - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Jamieson -- 2007-05-16
For Daniel -- with thanks to DB, Jamieson, and Fish - Teachers Discussion -- Old and Tired -- 2007-05-19
For Old and Tired - Teachers Discussion -- Alicia -- 2007-05-19
I thought the point was to help Daniel - Teachers Discussion -- Old and Tired -- 2007-05-19
Daniel - Teachers Discussion -- Alicia -- 2007-05-19
Great Post by fish, for attention of Daniel. - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Jamieson -- 2007-05-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Fleeing China - Teachers Discussion *Link*

Go to another board -