TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Daniel - Teachers Discussion
Alicia - 2007-05-19

I guess I have been lucky in China. I am currently working for a company that supplies teachers to schools. They have been at the school for four years. Each year they have managed to improve the teaching at the school. The school teaches oral, written and science in English. They have decreased the number of students in the class over the four years from 45-60 students down to 30 students per class.

For the school year 2007-2008 we will be teaching english to the students 5 times a week. That to me is a great improvement from one class a week.

I think alot of the problems that we have here are because of cultural differences. I hate it when they come five minutes before they want to go somewhere. I have told them they have to let me know in advance. They now call first. I don't like it when they cancel a class 10 minutes after class was suppose to start because they have a test.
I hate the way they drive. There are alot of things I don't like, but the things I like outweigh the bad.

I don't believe that is up any of us to tell someone not to come. Their experience will be totally different than ours. If nothing else from our experiences in China it makes us appreciate our home country alot more.

Messages In This Thread
Fleeing? - Teachers Discussion -- Daniel -- 2007-05-15
Fleeing China - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Jamieson -- 2007-05-16
For Daniel -- with thanks to DB, Jamieson, and Fish - Teachers Discussion -- Old and Tired -- 2007-05-19
For Old and Tired - Teachers Discussion -- Alicia -- 2007-05-19
I thought the point was to help Daniel - Teachers Discussion -- Old and Tired -- 2007-05-19
Daniel - Teachers Discussion -- Alicia -- 2007-05-19
Great Post by fish, for attention of Daniel. - Teachers Discussion *Link* -- Jamieson -- 2007-05-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Daniel - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -