TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › My brief encounter with Bluniverse - Teachers Discussion
Old and Tired - 2007-05-30
In response to DO NOT TRUST THE SCHOOL AT ALL - Teachers Discussion (bluniverse teacher)

Hello, all,

I had but one brief encounter with Bluniverse. I was happy living in the city where I was teaching one year ago, and so I first investigated teaching possibilities there. I responded to an ad for Bluniverse, but it became clear to me that a little "bait and switch" strategy was afoot.

During my telephone discussion with the head teacher (a Canadian), I learned there were actually NO vacancies in the cities mentioned in the ad. Instead, they planned to send the newly-hired teachers to more remote locations, where they would likely be the ONLY FT for the school in that area.

I was quite lucky that the foreign head teacher was forthcoming with honest answers during the phone interview, so that I could avoid any future disagreements.

Perhaps he was forthcoming because I was in the same city as he, and he knew if he misrepresented the position (and the intended location) he would have to face me in person.

But recruiters are another story, because they are often in another location (such as Beijing, Hangzhou, or Shanghai) rarely are they confronted, in person, by the FT they have tricked. Often our only retaliation is posting warnings on the internet.

Be careful...

Messages In This Thread
China contract - ESL discussion -- carole best -- 2005-05-30
Re: China contract - ESL discussion -- jason mackie -- 2010-05-27
Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- CODENAME:maverick -- 2007-12-02
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- Candy -- 2008-01-10
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- Li Bai -- 2007-12-07
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- andyfields -- 2007-12-05
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- gobsmacked-english-teacher -- 2007-12-04
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- maverick -- 2007-12-05
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- gobsmacked -- 2007-12-05
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- sam -- 2007-12-06
Few good words to be found regarding bluinverse -- hobart -- 2007-12-03
Re: Few good words to be found regarding bluinverse -- Phil -- 2009-05-14
Re: China contract - ESL discussion - Teachers Discussion -- indigenous -- 2007-11-18
DO NOT TRUST THE SCHOOL AT ALL - Teachers Discussion -- bluniverse teacher -- 2007-04-23
My brief encounter with Bluniverse - Teachers Discussion -- Old and Tired -- 2007-05-30
Re: My brief encounter with Bluniverse - Teachers Discussion -- Li Bai -- 2007-12-07
The school is BAD news! - Teachers Discussion -- IndigoSummers -- 2007-07-29
Beware of Bluniverse - Teachers Discussion -- Anon. -- 2007-05-29
Blue Universe - ESL discussion -- David -- 2005-07-26
Re-China contract. - ESL discussion -- Felix -- 2005-05-31
Research start - ESL discussion -- The Owl -- 2005-05-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › My brief encounter with Bluniverse - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -