TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I protest ! - Teachers Discussion
callmefred - 2007-06-10

In fact, cheating and deceptive business practices are an institution in China. It is Chinese culture, today. Many Chinese business leaders cannot sleep comfortably at night unless they,ve got the better in business over, or even ripped somebody off that day. Many Chinese people openly admit this.

Coming as one does (this one anyway) from a nation where the long held tradition of a gentlemans word is his bond, I find it incredible to believe that the business community of any country could act in such a crassly dishonest and dishonourable way. (except for Greeks, the mere mention of whom causes potential deal-makers to run for cover) as alleged in the above snippet from the clearly biased post by Lingwen Yaoshi.

At my old alma mater, just the mention of cheating some other poor chap would trigger the most awful beating by the head boy in front of the whole school, although for some reason he preferred to do it in private whilst wearing nothing but a black rubber balaclava. Odd to think he now a high court judge.

Nevertheless, to tar a whole nation of businessmen with the same brush is somewhat bizarre.
I once knew a Chinese business-girl in London and took her to see Madame Butterfly at the opera house, a lovely girl, honest as the day is long. She had to leave halfway through the performance for a pressing appointment. Funny thing, shes still got my wallet, but Id trust her, oh yes.

For those doubters and nay-sayers who are forever decrying the moral values of the humble business-person, struggling to make a crust to feed his children (sob sob), take it from me as one from a nation once described as Perfidious Albion, its nothing personal, just business, all over the world.
(I must look up that word perfidious but I think it means trustworthy and full of integrity.)

What Ho !!

Messages In This Thread
To Speak Out or Not to Speak Out? - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2007-06-09
I protest ! - Teachers Discussion -- callmefred -- 2007-06-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › I protest ! - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -