TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Bucklands, China and so on - Teachers Discussion
Jenny - 2007-06-12

wow that was quick response!!

as far as I knew I was only saying that Bucklands treated us fine and it was a great experience...some things that came up were a puzzlement for sure ...but hey we wanted something different and challenging and we got it ...otherwise why not stay home!!! We have made a lot of friends there who still keep in touch and the people were wonderfully hospitable.

Are you with Bucklands? If so, talk to Owen or send an email or both.

Knowing what I know now, I (a granny of 6) could do it alone ...I felt safe and cared for in that town ...but I'm not alone so won't be!I wouldn't have gone alone in the beginning though.

...yes it's easier with two... however a single teacher was posted there with us ...she became like our daughter and so it was ok for her ...she certainly seemed to think so anyway lol ...escape one lot of parents and here's another!! You're not usually posted anywhere alone with Bucklands...and you could request not to be just to make sure.

no we didn't stay for the long term and yes we did only want a short stint (it doesn't sound as though you enjoy it so I'm a bit puzzled as to why you're still there) but we did make sure we got as much out of our time as was possible ...and we tried to give back as much as we received. Sure it can be frustrating at times ,,, in turn our ways are seen as very strange to the Chinese ... if you get angry and lose the plot they run away laughing at the crazy foreigners and you don't get anywhere ...well I don't need to tell you all these things ...you have been there much longer than I!! but it might help someone else who wants to hear the positive side.

Cheers, Jenny

Messages In This Thread
Bucklands, China and so on - Teachers Discussion -- Jenny -- 2007-06-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Bucklands, China and so on - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -