TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › your point is? - Teachers Discussion
KJ - 2007-06-30

For the moment I'll assume that you are merely trying to set the record straight. Ok, now the number's up to 75 percent. That's nice. Do we know how long they're going to stay. Maybe long enough to enjoy Disneyland. Hard to say. Seriously though, I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how this relates to the earlier stated assertion that this is a representative faction of the population in terms of people wanting to flee China. (paraphrased)

Hmmmm. At 20 years old, after two years of shore duty in Japan, I made the decision to stay there after my discharge from the U.S Navy. It didn't work out that way for a few reasons not worth mentioning here; however, having made that decision was it therefore indicative of my desire to get away from America? Not. I was young and enthused about the opportunity to explore and experience a new culture. Human nature I believe. If one wants to learn about and immerse oneself in another culture, it does not necessarily follow that he hates his own country or culture.

At the age I am now I can state that without a doubt I prefer China to America. Do I hate America. No. No room for hate in my life. Just would rather be here. Chew on that for awhile. Yeah, I'll be that guy standing on the shoreline waving goodbye to the exodus of boat people that so many of you seem to believe is inevitable.

Messages In This Thread
Leaving China - Teachers Discussion -- eng.teacher -- 2007-06-25
Okay - Teachers Discussion -- Wonderer -- 2007-06-25
Here's the source - Teachers Discussion -- eng.teacher -- 2007-06-30
75% Don't Return - Teachers Discussion -- Tony -- 2007-06-30
your point is? - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2007-06-30
The Point - Teachers Discussion -- eng.teacher -- 2007-07-01
Blurry-eyed from the Beijing kool-aid - Teachers Discussion -- Fed Up FT -- 2007-07-02
it is to laugh....sincerely - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2007-07-02
Regrets... - Teachers Discussion -- Fed Up FT -- 2007-07-02
Thanks Fed Up - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2007-07-02
Thanks, and more - Teachers Discussion -- Fed Up FT -- 2007-07-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › your point is? - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -