TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Thanks Fed Up - Teachers Discussion
KJ - 2007-07-02
In response to Regrets... - Teachers Discussion (Fed Up FT)

Yes, thanks for your positive comments and thanks for bringing this discussion back on track. Also, I appreciate having a clearer picture of what you personally have been dealing with.

As you are no doubt aware, the majority of problems within the framework of EFL teaching in China is associated with private schools and so called training centers. I actually know of a few that are well managed and quite above-board, but they are few and far between. In fact, they are such a blight on the EFL landscape of China that I and others have repeatedly warned would be teachers in China of the problems associated with working for them for quite awhile now.

I view your decision to leave China as unfortunate. It seems that you are the kind of caring and astute individual that China needs. I believe that you would be well received and well appreciated in a university environment. And yes, it's true, that doesn't mean that you escape all the problems. But it does mean that you will be working with educators - yes educators who still see the dollar as the bottom line, but who in many cases have an equal amount of concern for the students.

But your point is well taken. I too am reaching a burn out point, but I'm going to hang in there a little while longer. When I quit doing this however, I'll remain in China and, like you, do what I can to help past students. Meanwhile though, I'll be taking it much easier and doing so with far fewer frustrations and hanging out in a place that is not polluted, is not overpopulated and that is pretty laid back and wondrously natural.

Messages In This Thread
Leaving China - Teachers Discussion -- eng.teacher -- 2007-06-25
Okay - Teachers Discussion -- Wonderer -- 2007-06-25
Here's the source - Teachers Discussion -- eng.teacher -- 2007-06-30
75% Don't Return - Teachers Discussion -- Tony -- 2007-06-30
your point is? - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2007-06-30
The Point - Teachers Discussion -- eng.teacher -- 2007-07-01
Blurry-eyed from the Beijing kool-aid - Teachers Discussion -- Fed Up FT -- 2007-07-02
it is to laugh....sincerely - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2007-07-02
Regrets... - Teachers Discussion -- Fed Up FT -- 2007-07-02
Thanks Fed Up - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2007-07-02
Thanks, and more - Teachers Discussion -- Fed Up FT -- 2007-07-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Thanks Fed Up - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -