TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › UAEU Don`t always believe what you`re told - Teachers Discussion
Seenitall - 2007-07-06

Working in the Middle East can be an interesting experience in many ways but do be careful when looking for reputable, institutions of standard and decent human caring for its foreign employees.

Several universities in the UAE fall into that category. Or should we call them accredited universities with some sort of standard worth mentioning really.

I observed the professional and personal lives of a few friends working for UAEU and have to say they were given the shotty treatment expected of a third world nation not of one purporting to be striving for first world status.

If I am to believe all I was told, read and heard their ESL program will be closing its doors shortly and those working for them left to fend for themselves. Families don`t really seem to matter to them, unless you are of course, a native of the nation. Then again that is up for interpretation as well.

Professionals find a variety of very difficult problems facing them soon after arriving, not to mention the cost and time they must put in to get started with this organization and many others like it.

Housing very often sucks (pardon my Frenc), utilities costly, transportation (you`re definitely on your own there), etc......

Anyway, be careful before jumping aboard their ship. If you have any adoped children forget any normal treatment in regards to finance or acceptance as they won`t get a penny towards their education.

Best of luck to you and think twice before signing on or going there. Life is too short to waste it.

Thoughts from a close observer!

Messages In This Thread
UAEU Don`t always believe what you`re told - Teachers Discussion -- Seenitall -- 2007-07-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › UAEU Don`t always believe what you`re told - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -