TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Speaking, and SPEAKING OUT -- and more... - Teachers Discussion
Old and Tired - 2007-07-08

Frankly, KJ, I'm rather stunned by your comments... Just because someone confides something to you privately, that does not constitute "speaking out," as I was discussing. There is a great differnce between offering opinion to someone, on a one-to-one basis, and SPEAKING OUT -- publicly. These are two very types of actions, and I of course, was referring to the latter in my previous post. I feel fairly certain that you understood the distinction I was making.

On that subject, a very excellent article can be found in today's New York Times (weblink below) regarding the lack of consumer advocacy groups in China. With the latest flurry and focus surrounding tainted/contaminated products from China, this deficiency in the public sector is now seen.

I urge everyone to read this excellent article entitled "As Chinas Economy Roars, Consumers Lack Defenders":

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/08/world/asia/08china.html?ref=asia

Messages In This Thread
what do you hope? - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2007-07-06
Speaking, and SPEAKING OUT -- and more... - Teachers Discussion -- Old and Tired -- 2007-07-08
perhaps - Teachers Discussion -- KJ -- 2007-07-08
OK, I see... - Teachers Discussion -- Old and Tired -- 2007-07-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Speaking, and SPEAKING OUT -- and more... - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -