TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › One of EF Victims - Teachers Discussion
Ai Mei Ren - 2007-07-12
In response to EF Urumqi - Teachers Discussion (ai jiang shan)

Hi to guys who linger arround this forum.

I just read this article by Ai Jiang Shan talking the treatment of teachers at EF Urumqi.
I arrived Urumqi on a steady feet and was devoted taking up this miraculous job with a good zeal. When I arrived there, I heard a lot "small talks" about my new employer. Afterall, I still gave that a deaf ear for was I willing to cure the disease in EF Urumqi. I had worked closely and efficiently and was liked by all staff.

Telling you guys a little more, I was picked-up, 1 hour late on my arrival in Urumqi for the job. I was immidiately taken to an empty but messed apartment with broken sofa and licking water heater. I din't care more about that for the ADos promised getting it fixed as soon as possible. My apartment was once a Jane Doe's, the Black American from Canada. I started work on a good footing trying not to get the previous blames or avoiding from being fired.

My complains started coming up just two months later.
First, I had an X-Visa (student Visa)
Second, I am not experienced
Third, My health situation was unbarable and
Lastly, I'm not a native speaker.

All these complains came to me like a dream coz EF was aware of everything and had hired me coz they new I was an efficient product. Before arriving EF You Hao, it was well noted that I'm a qualified ESL Teacher. Moreso, they knew I'm arriving with an X-Visa.

One month later, I was fired without a visa and after a long battle with the Tonia Feng. One of my closed colleagues was a man during my reign and was determined to fight for a better working condition and the against loop holes EF You Hao was creating, unfortunately he was also fired two months later. I could have started seeking asylum in China since I haven't a residence permit at the monent. But by God's Grace, I picked up a new job with a University still in Urumqi with only 16 working hrs a week and with a salary of 5.500RMB a month.

What puzzled me is, "are the DOS and ADos of EF Urumqi qualified"? :?
Hiring today and firing the next morning.

The "wise man" is Bruce Doe(LOL) who dumped his job with EF You Hao after smelling the EF Urumqi Disease. . Recently, the next victim is Ruslan Doe, who went through torment finishing his contract but was denied a new contract eventhough he was willing to continue smelling "shit".

Messages In This Thread
EF Urumqi - Teachers Discussion -- ai jiang shan -- 2007-03-26
Re EF Urumqi - Teachers Discussion -- Dobe -- 2011-05-28
Re: Re EF Urumqi - Teachers Discussion -- I am a former teacher at this school -- 2012-02-03
Re: Re EF Urumqi - Teachers Discussion -- Magister -- 2012-02-04
Re: EF Urumqi - Teachers Discussion -- Matthew -- 2008-09-08
One of EF Victims - Teachers Discussion -- Ai Mei Ren -- 2007-07-12
Re: One of EF Victims - Teachers Discussion -- Matthew -- 2008-09-08
Re: One of EF Victims - Teachers Discussion -- Pete -- 2007-11-17
Re: One of EF Victims - Teachers Discussion -- Doe -- 2008-01-31
EF crap! - Teachers Discussion -- TheLordOfSomehting -- 2007-03-26
EF Hutton - Teachers Discussion -- Gored by the Rings -- 2007-03-28
Re: EF Hutton - Teachers Discussion -- indigenous -- 2007-11-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › One of EF Victims - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -