TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Concerns with Aston (Jinan) - Teachers Discussion
Ming - 2007-07-18

Hello everyone, my name is Ming. My friend Martin and I are going to be finalizing our contract with Michael Wiser sometime this/next week. We will be signing a full year contract at 6200 RMB/month. The location will be Jinan. My friend and I had many initial concerns such as living conditions, contract terms and whether the pay is enough for living costs and some nightlife fun. After reading the posts on this forum about the Aston chain, we're starting to get cold feet about our decision. Is this warranted or not? we have heard some good things about the Jinan school.

Both of us are fresh out of university with different degrees so we both needed to take a TEFL training course. Aston reqires us to goto a different city (forgot the name) for a 1 week training course at our own cost. Has anyone else experienced this?

Any other advice from teacher who have experienced what we're about to go through is greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Concerns with Aston (Jinan) - Teachers Discussion -- Ming -- 2007-07-18
Re: Concerns with Aston (Jinan) - Teachers Discussion -- laura -- 2009-04-08
Re: Concerns with Aston (Jinan) - Teachers Discussion -- J -- 2009-04-11
Aston: 1 week training course? - Teachers Discussion -- Ele -- 2007-08-12
Better Than Average - Teachers Discussion *Picture* -- Raoul Duke -- 2007-08-13
It Is Terrible - Teachers Discussion -- Randy -- 2007-08-20
The Aston "system," as I perceive it - Teachers Discussion -- philly freedom -- 2007-08-20
Nooooooooooooooooooo! *Link* *Picture* -- Raoul Duke -- 2007-07-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Concerns with Aston (Jinan) - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -