TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › An Informed and Level Head - Teachers Discussion *Picture*
Raoul Duke - 2007-07-27
In response to AES in Jinan - Teachers Discussion (eeid)

If you are desperate to start

This phrase caught my eye in a mostly nice post.
One should never be "desperate to start" when coming to China. One should be calm and well-informed, and one should shop carefully for a deal that will hopefully treat you well (including not costing you any money...) and pay you competitively.

I know it's exciting. I know ya can't wait. But at least please believe me when I indicate that you really don't want to be sorry after you get here for impatience back on The Other Side.

Might be hard to imagine, but despite some incresing competition for the really good stuff, China is still something of a seller's market for English teachers. The web is simply bursting with lots and lots and LOTS of places that want you. Whoever and wherever you are, do yourself a favor and SHOP AROUND. You might just find that being a cog in a chain English mill is far from the best choice you have.

A hint: not many of the best jobs seem to advertise on the ESL Cafe. Try the free sites...

Raoul
Raoul's China Saloon
http://raoulschinasaloon.com

Messages In This Thread
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › An Informed and Level Head - Teachers Discussion *Picture*

Go to another board -