TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Almayca Languages Centre - Teachers Discussion
April Beer - 2007-08-03

My name is April Beer and I am a teacher at Almayca Languages Centre in Huadu, China. I started working at Almayca on March 15, 2007, shortly after Duane Flannigan was hired. The accusations he has made against the school are entirely unfounded. Duane had a hard time adjusting to life in China. This was further complicated by some problems he brought with him from America. Without going into a lot of detail, it should suffice to say that being consistently late and/or not showing up for classes due to hang-overs and an inability to embrace the Chinese culture were some of the factors leading to his dismissal. The owners and managers of Almayca have been nothing but obliging and helpful in resolving any issues I have had living here. In fact, they assisted Duane in getting back to California to find the help he needed to address his psychological problems - something most schools would not have done. Sam, Nicki and Byron are great people with integrity, who work hard to ensure their teachers are happy and healthy. Anyone considering employment with Almayca can feel free to contact me should they have any questions or hesitations regarding the opportunities the school offers. Living abroad is not easy, so the people you work with and for are very important. I hope Duane finds what he's looking for - unfortunately, it wasn't here at Almayca.

Messages In This Thread
Warning-Almayca Languages Centre - Teachers Discussion -- Duane Flanigan -- 2007-04-11
Re: Warning-Almayca Languages Centre - Teachers Discussion -- Jason K -- 2007-09-17
Almayca Languages Centre - Teachers Discussion -- April Beer -- 2007-08-03
Re Almayca Languages Centre - Teachers Discussion -- Duane Flanigan -- 2011-03-16
Retraction Memo - Teachers Discussion -- Duane Flanigan -- 2007-04-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Almayca Languages Centre - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -