TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Summer camp dilemma - Teachers Discussion
Sittingduck - 2007-08-05

I'm teaching at a camp but I am now of the belief that I will not be paid everything I am owed. The contract states 'regularly' but after one week I ,and the other teachers, have received nothing. When I brought up the matter the 'management' got very defensive and said that, "We have treated you nicely and we will pay you at completion." However, I have been noticing small changes in their behavior since arriving, which makes me a little suspicious. They have told us that they (company) will be paid by the government and they will in turn pay us. They have told us to tell the students that we are teachers of a certain university (we are not). We all have legitimate full-time jobs in other places once summer finishes.
Students have given me and other teachers praise for our classes so I know it isn't about teaching quality. The 'company' itself has never mentioned teaching quality.
I am really concerned that they are going to try to screw us but I am unsure what to do about it. The camp will end in a few days.

Messages In This Thread
Summer camp dilemma - Teachers Discussion -- Sittingduck -- 2007-08-05
Teaching and Business - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2007-08-06
Summercamp - Teachers Discussion -- Sittingduck -- 2007-08-06
Why to stay there? - Teachers Discussion -- Tis -- 2007-08-07
We Were Paid - Teachers Discussion -- Sittingduck -- 2007-08-09
That's Good News! - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2007-08-11
Answers - Teachers Discussion -- Sittingduck -- 2007-08-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Summer camp dilemma - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -