TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Answers - Teachers Discussion
Sittingduck - 2007-08-12
In response to That's Good News! - Teachers Discussion (Yingwen Laoshi)

"Just a few questions, though. I hope you don't mind, but the answers might be useful to other foreign teachers who work summer camps:- "

1. Were you paid in full, or did they hold some of your pay back?

We were all 50rmb short. We did not mention it, we were just happy to be paid at that point. One teacher claims to be an extra 200rmb short with regards to something that I am unaware of. There was an attempt to mention it but it was quickly shot down and it wasn't pursued.

2. You said you were made to wait. How long did you have to wait for your money and why?

We had to wait for more than one hour while management's boss returned from a meeting. Then we were lectured. I was accused of spoiling the good relationship between management and the original teachers. This is interesting as I was initially very reserved about saying anything and was just going along with the others.

3. What exactly were these regular payments that they promised? Was it not just a ten day camp?

The clause was ," Party A will pay party B regularly". I personally had no concerns about this at the beginning but after the others, that had been working with "management" on another project, started to become nervous, one of the original teachers brought it to their attention. Management's reaction was what really made us nervous.

It is possible that a lot of the problems were cultural but we were never able to feel confident due to their behaviour and because of the fact we knew that students had been fed a lot of false information.

Messages In This Thread
Summer camp dilemma - Teachers Discussion -- Sittingduck -- 2007-08-05
Teaching and Business - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2007-08-06
Summercamp - Teachers Discussion -- Sittingduck -- 2007-08-06
Why to stay there? - Teachers Discussion -- Tis -- 2007-08-07
We Were Paid - Teachers Discussion -- Sittingduck -- 2007-08-09
That's Good News! - Teachers Discussion -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2007-08-11
Answers - Teachers Discussion -- Sittingduck -- 2007-08-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Answers - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -