TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: american homestay international teach english in tokyo - Teachers Discussion
AMonk - 2007-08-20

Now, I could be wrong, but ....... I see several Warning Signs here.....

They want you to PAY THEM UPFRONT for the "privilege" of learning how to teach, in a School of their choice.

The "Homestay" advertised is really to be a shared accomodation with other teachers!!!!

The "pocket money" which they will provide is almost equal to the entire cost of the 3-month "programme", (3 x $800 = $2400), so you are paying for yourself!! Be certain, THEY will be collecting a handsome fee for your services from any School where they may place you.
And the $200 difference??? Will NOT buy an airline ticket. So you most likely will find your stipend is reduced.

Also, I don't see anything about provision of VISA or PERMITS.

My opinion.....Beware of the Scam!! Run the other way!! As fast as you can.

Messages In This Thread
american homestay international teach english in tokyo - Teachers Discussion -- sami123 -- 2007-08-20
Re: american homestay international teach english in tokyo - Teachers Discussion -- AMonk -- 2007-08-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: american homestay international teach english in tokyo - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -