TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Can koreans accept intermarriage? Please read for details
answers - 2007-08-24

A friend of mine is a chinese american. He met this girl from Korea in their campus while studying architecture.
They love each other and plan to get married soon after graduation.
I know little about korean people, but I do know xenophobia is strong in Korea.
The young man family can accept the girl, but she seem hasn't tell her parents about her boyfriend yet.
Being a single child of her parents she wants his boyriend to live in Korea near her parents.

My question is can the korean people accept such intermarriage because of their xenophobia?
If they live in Korea can the neighbours accept them or alienating them instead?
And I doubt the boy can easily search for a job in the Korea
They're still young and naive. I don't want them to make a rush decision that they will regret.

Any advice will be appreciated, especially from expat who used to live in Korea, thanks

Messages In This Thread
Is inter-marriage possible for Koreans? - Teachers Discussion -- wisdom635 -- 2007-08-24
Re: Is inter-marriage possible for Koreans? - Teachers Discussion -- Leave them alone -- 2007-08-24
I agree! - Teachers Discussion -- philly freedom -- 2007-08-25
Can koreans accept intermarriage? Please read for details -- answers -- 2007-08-24
Re: Is inter-marriage possible for Koreans? -- 12 -- 2007-08-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Can koreans accept intermarriage? Please read for details

Go to another board -