TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Career as an ESL teacher - Teachers Discussion
Sharon - 2007-09-02

I recently taught in Thailand for 10 weeks as volunteer, and I fell in love with it. I want to teach as a career now and ideally I want to teach overseas.

However, I know that although I want to teach overseas for several years and make a career out of it, I don't want to spend my life overseas. I am also thinking about getting a Masters degree in TESOL so that I can get the better paying jobs overseas and also to help me get a good job when I return to the U.S. (Eventually I want to come back to my native country to live. As much as I want to travel, eventually I want to settle down)

My question is this: How easy is it to find a full time (university, or college ideally?)after teaching abroad for several years? Also, even more important (since I can't find this information anywhere) how easy is it to change teaching specialties, so that say if I was teaching TESOL abroad, I could go back to school so that when I return to the U.S. I can teach art, or elementary education, or English or something else in the education field?

Messages In This Thread
Career as an ESL teacher - Teachers Discussion -- Sharon -- 2007-09-02
Re: Career as an ESL teacher - Teachers Discussion -- Russ28 -- 2007-09-04
macdonalds wallmark - Teachers Discussion -- panda -- 2007-09-04
Re: macdonalds wallmark - Teachers Discussion -- Guess Who -- 2007-09-06
Re: macdonalds wallmark - Teachers Discussion -- lingujisticus -- 2007-09-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Career as an ESL teacher - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -