TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: macdonalds wallmark - Teachers Discussion
lingujisticus - 2007-09-05

I can't see how teaching in an Asian country such as THAILAND or CHINA should or could facilitate your search for a WELL-PAYING job back home.
The first thing to consider is this: As a TEFL cert holder you are working in low positions in the countries mentioned above.
Part of the reason is, no doubt, that you are not regarded as a professional teacher, which a mere TEFL cert holder really is not. You are in point of fact given an unique chance to live and experience foreign cultures without spending your own money.
Second: I don't know what employment requirements your cou8ntry's universities have, but they certainly differ from those in Thailand or China. They ought to b e more strict and subject-specific.
Let me say it without mincing words: Teaching is a DIFFERENT occupation from practising oral English! The former requires specific education, while the latter depends almost entirely on speaking skills.

Messages In This Thread
Career as an ESL teacher - Teachers Discussion -- Sharon -- 2007-09-02
Re: Career as an ESL teacher - Teachers Discussion -- Russ28 -- 2007-09-04
macdonalds wallmark - Teachers Discussion -- panda -- 2007-09-04
Re: macdonalds wallmark - Teachers Discussion -- Guess Who -- 2007-09-06
Re: macdonalds wallmark - Teachers Discussion -- lingujisticus -- 2007-09-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: macdonalds wallmark - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -