TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › Concidering an ESL career in Japan - Teachers Discussion
Raven - 2007-10-13

Hi there,

I am still in high school, but will be graduating soon. I am trying to put together a good outline of what I want to do with my life so I can go to college etc., for the right degrees and training. I am seriously thinking about getting my TESOL/TEFL certificate to teach English in Japan, since the culture has interested me for some time now. I am learning the language now. So, with a fair Japanese language ability, a TEFL certificate, what else? I know I need a working visa. But for a visa I know I need a college degree. Does it really matter what the degree is for? In other words, if I wanted a BA in psychology would that matter to them or should it be a specific one?

I don't plan on meeting anyone there either, so I'll be single for a long time. As a single individual living there it wouldn't be too tight or nearly impossible would it? I'll require an Internet connection also, would that be possible? (I will need to communicate with several people who are back here in the USA, and using the internet would be more cost effective then the phone I'm guessing because of it being an international call.)

I am also curious about getting a cellular phone once I arive there.

What have your experiences been like? What areas do you like?

So many questions, but if I've missed anything important please emphasize it. I also have an email address if anyone has helpful information they would be willing to share: xxraven_dreamsxx@yahoo.com

And of course, your honest opinions matter quite a bit!

Thank you!

· Previous · Next Return to Index › Concidering an ESL career in Japan - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -