TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: one paint brush - Teachers Discussion
Marjorie - 2007-10-24

"Everyone is now talking about CANADIAN WHITE MALES. Should they be screened out of job applications? Should only Blacks, coloureds, native Americans get a job?"

Now that would be most ignorant, just as ignorant as the fact that blacks from around the world get blamed and stereotyped for every crime committed by blacks in America or elsewhere. And since this is already so prevalent, it was a relief to know that there was not another thing to add to the already negative and bigoted viewpoints. I think that was what Sheffield was getting at and what I was responding to.

There certainly is no celebration in this type of thing for anyone on a fundamental level - there could not be unless you are 'sick'.

And, maybe 'we should not be vigilantes', no, but Turnoi did not say that. He said we should hand over anyone that we know of that is perpetrating such crimes. That is not the same thing.

I ask you, would you turn your back if this was your child that was involved? And how would you feel if you knew that someone had known about it all along and had done nothing about it?

As for us 'not being our brother's keepers,' well let me just say....I would not want to live in your world - thats for sure.

Messages In This Thread
Re: one paint brush - Teachers Discussion -- Marjorie -- 2007-10-24
Re: one paint brush - Teachers Discussion -- Larrrie White -- 2007-10-30
Re: one paint brush - Teachers Discussion -- Sheffield -- 2007-10-24
Re: one paint brush - Teachers Discussion -- Marjorie -- 2007-10-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: one paint brush - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -