TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: a few questions - Teachers Discussion
Shaun Goeldner - 2007-11-05

Hi Turnoi,thanks for your well written response to my message.I did not mean that an FT HAS to be pretty/cute or handsome to get a job in China,but I know for a fact that many schools(especially private language schools)discriminate against older,sometimes very experienced teachers,in favour of young, attractive,enthusiastic,but poorly trained newbies. This sounds ridiculous,but it is true.

I agree the situation is probably very different at university level,although there are many unproffessional,crap universities in China.It is a shame that many good teachers (both degree and non-degree holders)cannot fully utilise their talents in China,because of greed,incompetence, and stupid politics. People like Micah who want to do some serious teaching in China,should apply for work at large, reputable universities in cities like Shanghai,Tianjin or Wuhan.

I totally agree there will have to be a total overhaul of the education system in China,if it is to become of international standard. But I will not hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Messages In This Thread
Re: a few questions - Teachers Discussion -- Shaun Goeldner -- 2007-11-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: a few questions - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -