TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › DISCRIMINATION in Teaching English Language - Teachers Discussion
Jemon Mamar - 2007-11-08

Recently, I was browsing the internet if there are available jobs for me as an English teacher in East Asian countries, but to my surprise there are very few who welcome non-native English speakers - and to tell you, they are VERY, VERY RARE - and if there is any, the salary offer to non-Native English speakers is at minimum of 3200 RMB and maximum of 4000RMB per month compare to the salary of Native English speakers at around 12000RMB the maximum. I was really frustrated when I experienced that discrimination. Why? Are Filipinos not better compare to their Western counterparts? Why then there are lots of South Koreans visiting the Philippines to learn English language?
Is it through the color of one's skin or the kind of passport he has that determines the person's competence in the English language? Oh c'mon!!! I can't believe it that our fellow Asians are discriminating us!
Fortunately, I was able to procure a job in Saudi Arabia as an English language teacher. And to tell you, Arabians have high regards for us Filipinos!

Messages In This Thread
DISCRIMINATION in Teaching English Language - Teachers Discussion -- Jemon Mamar -- 2007-11-08
Re: DISCRIMINATION in Teaching English Language - Teachers Discussion -- R.J. -- 2007-12-05
Re: DISCRIMINATION in Teaching English Language - Teachers Discussion -- JNET -- 2007-12-08
Re: DISCRIMINATION in Teaching English Language - -- scoob_e_doo -- 2007-11-26
Re: DISCRIMINATION in Teaching English Language - Teachers Discussion -- Australiaman -- 2007-11-08
Re: DISCRIMINATION in Teaching English Language - Teachers Discussion -- JNET -- 2007-11-27
Re: DISCRIMINATION in Teaching English Language - -- C'mon Get a life. -- 2007-11-22
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › DISCRIMINATION in Teaching English Language - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -