TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › not blond or overweight - Teachers Discussion
Jerome - 2007-11-14

Wow Anna, you've ruined my whole day. I'm not fat and I'm definitely not blond, so I guess I'm not really an American. Well, that could be a good thing these days I guess, as we Yanks have an increasingly tarnished image worldwide.

Aside from that though, your point is well taken. There is a system of exclusivity in place in regards to the hiring of non-native English speakers in China. One can only hope that the system will change in the near future, since their are definitely many qualified English teachers from the Philippines and many other countries.

However, if the system does change, I hope it will do so in a way that mandates that anyone seeking a job as an ESL/EFL teacher will demonstrate an ability to write and speak at a level that warrants their being hired for such a position. Clearly, judging from your post, you still need a little more practice on your writing. But don't get me wrong; there are many native speakers now teaching in China that couldn't "write their way out of a paper bag."

Well, guess I better go because I need to rush to the store to buy some blond dye for my hair. Oh yeah, I better start shoveling in the noodles too so as to add several more pounds to this skinny frame of mine. Wouldn't want to be replaced at my job by a fat blond.

Messages In This Thread
why only native - Teachers Discussion -- Razak -- 2007-11-05
Re: why only native - Teachers Discussion -- anna -- 2007-11-13
not blond or overweight - Teachers Discussion -- Jerome -- 2007-11-14
Re: why only native - Teachers Discussion -- Jemon Mamar -- 2007-11-08
Re: why only native - Teachers Discussion -- Larrrie White -- 2007-11-07
Re: why only native - Teachers Discussion -- Shaun Goeldner -- 2007-11-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › not blond or overweight - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -