TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: PEOPLE TALKING BAD ABOUT ESL TEACHERS - Teachers Discussion
rachelle - 2007-11-18

Its unfortunate that Christopher Neil was allowed to get away with his offences long enough to get to South Korea and give all Canadian teachers a bad name.
For well over two decades before I left Canada, I worked, wrote, spoke and fought to physical and financial exhaustion criticizing the players in the judicial and quasi-judicial systems for their practice of making the victims sorry they ever spoke out and allowing offenders to get away and continue offending. I was discredited.
I wrote three books. In each one, I exposed how the complaint process has been warped to the benefit of violent criminal abusers, including child molesters and other sex offenders.
The negligence started in Canada. Authorities in Canada should have tried and convicted Christopher Neil. Instead they wasted their energy silencing those who flagged the suspicious behavior.
Eventually, I left Canada to avoid paying tax money which was used to maintain a faulty complaint process that silenced victims and protected offenders.
I told Hakwon directors in 2003, while I lived in Deagu, Korea, that they should request an international teaching license from Canadian applicants to ensure they were not hiring criminals not wanted in Canada or anywhere else. I was ignored.
Recently, I was outraged at the news that those who benefit from the flaws in the Canadian complaint process are allowed to go to Korea.
Thank God he left and thank God authorities in Thailand were able to nab him.
Rachelle Labelle

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: PEOPLE TALKING BAD ABOUT ESL TEACHERS - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -