TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell
Li Bai - 2007-12-07
In response to Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell (CODENAME:maverick)

Hey, this is China! The contract is for 20 teaching hours a week. The other times are for "as needed" situations. Level assessments and that sort of thing.
Just because you're in the office doesn't mean you have to be WORKING. Use your head for more than a hat-rack for heaven's sake.

I too teach Chinese teachers and my experience is that YOU could benefit from some of their knowledge. Yes, they know a lot of English (that is the nature of the job) but sometimes they need help in saying some things BETTER. And to AVOID saying some things that certain people regard as 'funny'.

The contract says you go where needed - read the thing first. Why anyone wants to be under the boss's nose all day is beyond be. Maybe there's another part of the anaomy you prefer to up, in or under.

If you can't use the office computer to play games, bring your own. And almost EVERY Chinese employee EVERYWHERE uses the company computer to play games. (Refer to the opening line)

Responding to some of the other negative comments about this school, I must honestly say that I emphatically DISAGREE with them. I've been here almost 8 months and have never been lied to, cheated or treated unfairly.

The nature of this job is esl as a second language. The 'e' ('E') stands for ENGLISH. Learn how to speak and write it before you try to teach it. It will go a long way to making my job easier.

Have a nice day.

Messages In This Thread
China contract - ESL discussion -- carole best -- 2005-05-30
Re: China contract - ESL discussion -- jason mackie -- 2010-05-27
Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- CODENAME:maverick -- 2007-12-02
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- Candy -- 2008-01-10
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- Li Bai -- 2007-12-07
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- andyfields -- 2007-12-05
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- gobsmacked-english-teacher -- 2007-12-04
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- maverick -- 2007-12-05
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- gobsmacked -- 2007-12-05
Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell -- sam -- 2007-12-06
Few good words to be found regarding bluinverse -- hobart -- 2007-12-03
Re: Few good words to be found regarding bluinverse -- Phil -- 2009-05-14
Re: China contract - ESL discussion - Teachers Discussion -- indigenous -- 2007-11-18
DO NOT TRUST THE SCHOOL AT ALL - Teachers Discussion -- bluniverse teacher -- 2007-04-23
My brief encounter with Bluniverse - Teachers Discussion -- Old and Tired -- 2007-05-30
Re: My brief encounter with Bluniverse - Teachers Discussion -- Li Bai -- 2007-12-07
The school is BAD news! - Teachers Discussion -- IndigoSummers -- 2007-07-29
Beware of Bluniverse - Teachers Discussion -- Anon. -- 2007-05-29
Blue Universe - ESL discussion -- David -- 2005-07-26
Re-China contract. - ESL discussion -- Felix -- 2005-05-31
Research start - ESL discussion -- The Owl -- 2005-05-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Learn from our experience bluniverse is a hell

Go to another board -