TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Just got my Contract and how does it sound to you all?
Sallie - 2008-01-09

Hey ya'll, I got what I think is a good offer from a school and they sent me the contract to sign. There are a couple of things that I worry about like...

2.1 During the term of this agreement, the employee is required to prepare, teach, and carry out all required administrative duties connected with classes assigned by the employer. The working hours for the employee are from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The employee is required to work on all teaching days, including teachers preparation days, PSA Educators Day, New Comers Orientation Day, and on all the special events for the employees assigned class (Christmas Concert, One-Night Camp, and Fathers Day, etc.) except for scheduled public holidays and vacation days.

2.2 During the term of this agreement, the employee may be asked and is required to accept extended teaching hours to 6:00 p.m. with one month prior notice from the employer.

3.4.2 Airfare Tax: The cost of the arrival ticket shall be listed as part of the first months income and taxed accordingly as per Korean tax laws. The employer is paying for the cost of the air tickets while the employee is paying the taxes on the cost of the air tickets.

3.13 Security Deposit: Employee agrees to a deduction of 200,000 Won per month for the first three months of employment totaling 600,000 won as a security deposit. Employer agrees that the payment of remaining amounts of the deposit will be made to employee only on the condition that the employee successfully completes the contract period. At the completion of the contract period, the remaining amount of the deposit will be paid to the employee within forty days after all outstanding fees have been paid.

Any thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Just got my Contract and how does it sound to you all? -- Sallie -- 2008-01-09
Re: Just got my Contract and how does it sound to you all? -- Trent -- 2008-01-09
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Just got my Contract and how does it sound to you all?

Go to another board -