TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: "suzhi jiaoyu"
Extefler - 2008-01-10

I think you were a mindless compliant robot when you were farmed out. And you admit to us that you are an incompetent grovelling weasel when you tell us you worked at many training centres. Critical process leads a reader to believe you are especially incompetent because you worked at "many training centres", never having the competence to find a job elsewhere.

To be able to "make critical judgement" of them, you will have collected data (as mentioned in my previous post), then organize, summarize, and interpret it. What did you use for level of significance? Social sciences use 0.20. Education is a very soft social science, so I guess you used 0.50, but that left you with a huge, and therefore insignificant, central tendency.

The alternative to using critical process is to use bias. It is quite clear to me that is the tool you've used. And that creates the problem of you not being able to see anything except what you want to see.

I would prefer that you would come up with the necessary funds to open your own training centre, hire your own staff, find your own clients, and make profit for yourself. In that way you would not have mindless compliant robots or grovelling weasels working for you, but flexible, creative workers that will have the freedom to do whatever they want, whether or not it is good for the success of your company. You would also not be limited by a corrupt, unscrupulous self-serving Chinese boss. Since the company would be owned by you and the profit will go into your pocket, you can have the role of being the self-serving boss, telling the people you hire to get contracts, and do their best to keep those contracts. When students and parents complain that the teachers you've hired have "difficult to understand lessons that make no sense and why aren't the teachers using the book you made them buy for the course and they won't come back anymore", you can explain to the teachers to be a little less creative in their lessons and give the students more of what they want because they are the paying customers and without those customers everybody gets fired and you get a little hungry. You will promise yourself you won't become grumpy those first few months when you see your staff sitting around doing little, but continuing to collect envelopes of cash each month. You also won't mind a bit when Shane or EF or some other corrupt Chinese boss undercuts your fees by 10Y an hour and steals your potential students out from under your nose, right after your staff has done assessments and placement testing with them. The situations that will make you least grumpy are when your staff walks out in the middle of class never to return, comes in late and hungover or drunk, and when the police stroll in periodically to collect "fees". Your flexibility and creativity will aid you in those circumstances immensely.

Your ability to use critical thinking is quite.....impressive. Please share more of it. I'm sure others here will be waiting anxiously, but I have run out of time for this and have better things to do than read hastily thought out kneejerk responses.

Oh yes...if you happen to come across any recent academic, indexed, peer-reviewed, published literature about--what was the topic again?--please read it first then email it to me.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Re: "suzhi jiaoyu" -- Extefler -- 2008-01-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: "suzhi jiaoyu"

Go to another board -