TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers?
Van Frank - 2008-01-20

I just wish to tell those Chinese schools that if they are unable to get their white native speakers they should get Chinese English teachers to do the job. It's amazing that since 1998, employers of English teachers continue to say they need teachers only from native speakers countries (US,UK, Australia,Canada and Newzealand) AND ONLY FROM THESE FIVE COUNTRIES. Their famous statement.Surprisingly enough 65% of English teachers teaching in China are non native speakers from Africa and some Phillipinos. The question I want to ask Chinese employers is thus; CAN NON NATIVE SPEAKERS TEACH ENGLISH BETTER THAN CHINESE ENGLISH TEACHER? CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT CHINESE CLIAMED TO HAVE A BETTER ENGLISH ACCENT THAN NON NATIVE SPEAKERS, IS IT JUST BUSINESS OR THEY SIMPLY NEED A FOREIGN FACE IN SCHOOL? I am lloking forward to an answer to this puzzle
Regards
Frank <:l

Messages In This Thread
Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? -- Van Frank -- 2008-01-20
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? -- dual -- 2008-02-03
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? -- Just wanna share something -- 2008-01-23
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? -- Beck -- 2008-01-20
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? -- JNET -- 2008-01-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers?

Go to another board -