TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus)
JNET - 2008-01-27

Truth hurts,as always the case is but we have to accept and live with it.

So much have been said about us, Filipinos - both the bad and good, positive and negative sides.
Personally, for those who contributed, I thank you all-especially those whose post/s served as an eye opener for others who know nothing about us,Filipinos.Kudos.
For those whose main purpose was just to denigrate us,grow up (thank you all the same,you are entitled to your opinion).

And....here's my spice to the dish:
Linguisticus, I agree with you about the purpose of some employers in Hongkong hiring foreign domestic helpers: to help their offspring with their english studies. I have been there,employed not to do the houseworks but a private tutor to a 3 years old boy who studied in an international school and whose father is a businessman here in the mainland.So many cases like mine over there. Some are hired to work in offices, shops etc.etc.
Truth be told also that some employers are really good, doing their part of the bargain fairly and squarely.Sometimes,they are even the ones who are being abused by their helps (it's rare,but there are some cases like this).

Filipinos comprise a large proportion of hired helps for obvious reasons.
The reasons? oh...we all know it.

Nice day to all.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- JNET -- 2008-01-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus)

Go to another board -