TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus)
viva - 2008-02-23

to camelfred:

..don't dwell so much on this "PERFECTION" issue...you see, the Chinese students hate YOUR english as much as I DO. HONESTLY i learned and spoke YOUR english just for the money...i'm no hypocrite, it's one of the best and easy business here in china today...from books to language centers.. everything about english...and the english speaking people are really making so much money out of these.

but of course, being a teacher i also do what i'm paid for and being a businesswoman i see to it that i deliver the right services to the clients.

why did i say that the chinese students hate YOUR english... in a class of 30, try to raise the question "do you like english?"... about 2 to 5 will say YES and the others would just say..."just for the exams...have to learn it NO CHOICE". They hate to think that their future choice of a university or a degree is greatly affected with the results of the English profficiency exams... and that their chances of landing a good job in the future is also greatly affected with this "English" issue...
THEY DON"T LOVE IT.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-12
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- callmefred -- 2008-02-13
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-21
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- callmefred -- 2008-02-22
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-23
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-23
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- callmefred -- 2008-02-23
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-24
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-24
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- callmefred -- 2008-02-24
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- callmefred -- 2008-02-24
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- callmefred -- 2008-02-23
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-13
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- JNET -- 2008-02-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus)

Go to another board -