TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus)
callmefred - 2008-02-24

Viva, Just to clarify for your benefit, you said:

HONESTLY i learned and spoke YOUR english

I replied "you've been conned because you haven't"
meaning you haven't learned and you don't speak (or at least write) my English.

For your information, I have never criticised the English used by a learner of the language here or anywhere else, only the standard of English used by those who claim to be qualified to teach said language, both native and non-native who post on this forum.
If you read my previous post again you will glean from it that I am a teacher of teachers, not as you surmise one who teaches primary pupils, so I can do without lectures from you on effectiveness in teaching.

What I do see in all of your posts so far is a distinct prejudice against native speakers of the Queens English (nothing homophobic there I hope), and that somehow Fillipinos are thought of as second class. Hence my previous advice to take that 'chip off your shoulder'.
However you continue to miss my main point which is that to be taken seriously as having the ability to teach a subject, first demonstrate that you know your subject and don't indulge in the incredibly sloppy, badly written and sometimes illiterate mode of English that you have displayed. Smarten up girl.

Just out of interest, I showed one of your efforts to a Chinese English teacher (remember the original title of this thread ?), her question after reading it was "In which Junior Middle School year is this student "?.
There is a lesson there somewhere for you to ponder.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-12
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- callmefred -- 2008-02-13
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-21
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- callmefred -- 2008-02-22
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-23
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-23
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- callmefred -- 2008-02-23
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-24
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-24
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- callmefred -- 2008-02-24
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- callmefred -- 2008-02-24
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- callmefred -- 2008-02-23
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- viva -- 2008-02-13
Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus) -- JNET -- 2008-02-13
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Can non native speakers teach English better than Chinese English teachers? (linguisticus)

Go to another board -