TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: I need Visa advice
bgoinhom - 2008-05-12

Hi,I've got another case here, hope you could help
me decide what's best.

My Z-visa will expire on August 21st. I've got no problem getting a renewal since my school has asked me to renew my contract with them for another year. They also process everything with regards to this, justlike the past years.

My school agreed to let me have my vacation as early as June 30th(actually they are giving me a 2-month paid summer holiday) Of course I couldn't waste a single day, I'll go ASAP. That's exactly what I did last year. I went home after signing my new contract and have my school renew my visa only when I came back. I stayed in my country beyond my visa's validity,so when I needed to re-enter (China) I had to get an L-visa in my country (Chinese Embassy) and was required to purchase a round trip ticket...of course I wasn't able to use the other half anymore coz it was only valid for 45days,in short I wasted some money..that's what i'm avoiding this time.

So,my plan for this time is this: I will sign my contract and go maybe around first week of July.As I have said, my Visa will expire on August 21st, so, I'm going to buy a roundtrip ticket (it's cheaper,i'm scrimping)and be back on August 18th. It means there would only be THREE days left on my Visa when I'll board the plane coming back here(China)

QUESTION: Is my plan feasible? I mean, won't I encounter hassles in the airport (immigration) to re-enter China ? Will they not question my EXPIRING Visa(just 3days left before it expires)?

I wonder if I sound so ignorant, I beg your pardon. All I want is to maximize my time...save money and have a hassle free holiday.

Anybody there who can give me a sound advice? Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Re: I need Visa advice -- bgoinhom -- 2008-05-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: I need Visa advice

Go to another board -