TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why do we need laowai teacher
Casual Observer - 2008-05-14

"Both combined create the expectations on behalf of the students that make our jobs that much harder." Choatle

Can anyone translate the above quoted sentence for me? I think it's a little worse than Chinglish. Is it Choatlish?

Get real Choatle. You're definitely outclassed by others in this forum who have called your BS exactly that and are right on the money.

Some more Choatlish:

"western counterparts" "western teachers"
Hmmm.........to the west of what? La la land?

"when they don't get it their pissed"
Huh? They possess "pissed?"

"except on rare occasion"
And exactly which occasion was that pray tell?

"more tit's and ass"
What's going on here? Is the tit possessing something? Or does it mean the "tit is?" And if the latter is the case, what is the tit being?

Well Choatle, I suppose that only you can answer these questions; never the less, I find myself more and more entertained by your particular brand of English. But at the same time, I can only wonder what exactly it is that you're teaching? I doubt that Chinese teachers are "bad mouthing" you, except perhaps on rare occasions when you deserve it, but I have no doubt that they're certainly having a chuckle or two now and then.

Sorry to single you out Choatle. Additional interesting Englishes can be found by reading the posts of your friends Turnip, Silvertot and others. Stay tuned and stay amused; after all, they don't quite know when to shut up and fade into the sunset any more than you do.

I'm beginning to believe, as I casually observe the posts of some of these "writers," that their oft expressed antagonism for Frank Zhang, some how offsets their collective angst at the realization of their inadequacies as instructors of English. In fact, I'm starting to admire Frank for holding his own against this particular "mutual admiration society." (Apologies to Patti Page - or was it Doris Day or someone else way back then?)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why do we need laowai teacher -- Casual Observer -- 2008-05-14
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why do we need laowai teacher

Go to another board -