TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why do we need laowai teacher
li bai - 2008-05-15

It is interesting how you use selective editing to find something to focus on. Dumb ass employers and even some so-called 'teachers', not only in China, but EVERYWHERE, do the same thing. I'm talking about REALITY. As a Black person, I have had 'my share of abuse and sand kicked in my face - BUT I've come through' (Bob Seger).
When China realizes that race, sex, age, blond hair, blue eyes and all that other crap do not 'a good teacher' make, it might start to focus on abilities. I agree it will take many years for this to happen and it's something we can help make happen - if we are serious about teaching. By the way, the "so called teachers" comment was NOT directed at you. How could it be? I don't even know you. I still agree with the original poster that, in some cases, China DOES NOT NEED LAOWAI TEACHERS. (some of us anyway).

Messages In This Thread
Re: Why do we need laowai teacher -- li bai -- 2008-05-15
Re: Why do we need laowai teacher -- Fikester -- 2008-06-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why do we need laowai teacher

Go to another board -