TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: I need educating. Please help
yorkshirewhippet - 2008-05-17
In response to Re: I need educating. Please help (Jerome)

Thank you all for your replies. It's good to actually interact with people rather than trawling through the thousands of pages of overloaded information.
There is obviously lots to take in.

I'm sure it is certainly true that having a degree behind me would open up lots more opportunities for teaching abroad, however i feel that it would be right for me to actually gain some sort of experience of this, even if just to find whether i would be suitable to the work, before i commit to studying for a relevant diploma.
Perhaps it would be wiser, once/if i am certified, to look for something a little closer to home before considering traveling to anywhere too far and wide.

Do any of you have experience of working, perhaps in europe, without any form of degree?
Maybe with just a TEFL Certificate?

The courses i've been looking into taking suggest that there are plenty of opportunities for less qualified teachers. Although i'm pretty sure that they are desperate for me to part with my 400 course fee, and some of the comments i've read have half swayed me into believing that once they're paid, that's that and they don't necessarily give out the full story.

Messages In This Thread
I need educating. Please help -- yorkshirewhippetmogul -- 2008-05-17
There's a bunch of foreigners w/o degrees teaching english -- peer -- 2008-05-18
Re: I need educating. Please help -- Jerome -- 2008-05-17
Re: I need educating. Please help -- yorkshirewhippet -- 2008-05-17
Re: I need educating. Please help -- Roger -- 2008-05-17
Re: I need educating. Please help -- chris -- 2008-05-18
Re: I need educating. Please help -- str -- 2008-05-17
Re: I need educating. Please help -- Joe -- 2008-05-17
Re: I need educating. Please help -- lin fu -- 2008-05-17
Re: I need educating. Please help -- Gong He -- 2008-05-18
Re: I need educating. Please help -- Jerome -- 2008-05-17
Re: I need educating. Please help -- cider fairy -- 2008-05-25
Re: I need educating. Please help -- angelina -- 2008-06-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: I need educating. Please help

Go to another board -