TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Lao wai Teachers
Nick - 2008-06-11

I think everyone is missing the main point. I work as a teachers supervisor in a school and the reason why we need white faced teachers is because of the parents. It would be so much easier for the school if the parents didn't complain or want just white teachers. Little do they know that most white teachers are just backpackers. I mean there are some good ones out there, but most are without degrees and just want to travel. It's not even the same when we are comparing for say Americans and Filipinos. Americans come because they find it easier to be in China then in US or that they are bankrupt or something along the line. Filipinos are here mainly for the money. people are coming here for different reasons. But parents don't know that about the teachers, they think that people really want to come and teach here. Do not get me wrong, they are good teachers out there but most are like that. Parents want their kids to be able to go up to any lao wai and start talking to them, that is the most retarded thing i have ever heard. Who goes up to a stranger and just starts talking to them. And when their kids don't the parent comes to the school and says my kid does not speak english well enough to go up to a lao wai and speak away. STUPID. Parents think that if you are white then your english is perfect, if you are anything else then you can't speak as well as those that are white. I can understand because it's like going to an italian restaruant and seeing the cook is Chinese, you will think it's weird. Or going to a Mogolian grill place and seeing a mexican cooking Chinese. People just automatically think odd about it. But then once they have tasted the food then they realize that it's pretty good or even better. Parents need educating and give time in trying. Any way, I think it's wrong to only want Lao wais but as a school there is only very very little we can do because we are trying to satisfy the parents.

Messages In This Thread
Lao wai Teachers -- Nick -- 2008-06-11
Re: Lao wai Teachers -- scholar -- 2008-06-11
Re: Lao wai Teachers -- Nick -- 2008-06-12
Re: Lao wai Teachers -- SanFranCisco -- 2008-06-11
Re: Lao wai Teachers -- scholar -- 2008-06-11
Re: Lao wai Teachers -- jersey -- 2008-06-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Lao wai Teachers

Go to another board -