TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Silverboy's offerings
who cares - 2008-06-14

"No, it is not nonsense, a degree is NOT NEEDED to teach English in China. Often, non-degree holders are better teachers than degree holders. I suggest all non-degree teachers who want to live in Asia should come to China ASAP. Friendly people, great beer, HOT women, tasty food, it is all awaiting for you here in China!"
Silverboy

"Yeah, degrees ARE useless for teaching in China, unless they are degrees related to teaching."
Silverboy

Yes you fool, I know what CELTA and Trinity are, in my opinion they are both CRAP!
Silverboy

"I agree with all that. A degree is not needed in order to be a great teacher. It is also bullshit that people in the USA and Australia need to have a degree to become a teacher."
Silverboy

"The same applies to teaching. Most of the degree holders are useless, they lack creativity, just follow the garbage they were taught at uni."
Silverboy

"Chinese education system is rotten". I couldn't agree more. Out of the 400 or so students I teach each week, only about 20 or 3O of them actually have some degree of motivation, intelligence and confidence. Out of those 20 or 30, I would only consider 7 or 8 to be extremely bright, and four of them (all girls) to be outstanding.

An example of English literacy in Wuhan. 19 year old Chinese male asked to spell "it", and "but". "Waw boo jir daow" ( I don't know ) Asked in Chinese how long he has been studying English. Seven years. Another boy can't write, " The boy flew a kite". Yes' those Chinese English teachers must be REALLY EFFECTIVE, and their students pay attention in class (not) I rest my case, teaching in China is a joke.
Silverboy

Well, Toddler, if you had actually had some training, you may have been able to reach more of those students before totally putting them off. As has been clearly stated before, pretend teachers can do more harm than good.

"The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself."
-- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

"A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary."
-- Thomas Carruthers

Messages In This Thread
Re: Silverboy's offerings -- who cares -- 2008-06-14
Re: Silverboy -- jersey -- 2008-06-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Silverboy's offerings

Go to another board -