TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › Teaching in Australia
Clinta - 2008-06-18

I am an Australian currently teaching in China. I have a CELTA certificate and have taught in London part time and Sydney at volunteer level in the past. I do not have a degree. I am planning on returning to my native Australia in the next couple of years and having never worked full time in the TEFL industry in Australia have no real idea of the current climate. ie: job availiability, required qualifications, standards of pay, whether you need a degree for most decent jobs, govt regulated certificates needed or what courses and other things are attractive to potential employers? etc..

I have tried to find out about these things over the internet but have had little success and read some conflicting stories, such as cactus tefl giving a very glossy revue of working in australia (probably to attract people to sign up for courses) and a person on one post saying it is next to impossible to find full time employment in the field.

If anyone out there can give me advice or answers on some of these questions it would be greatly appreciated, especially those who currently work in TEFL in Australia or have done recently,

Thanks.

· Previous · Next Return to Index › Teaching in Australia

Go to another board -