TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Silverboy
jersey - 2008-06-18
In response to Re: Silverboy's offerings (who cares)

Excuse-me Silverboy! But a lot of people work hard to get CELTA or TESOL qualified plus it costs a lot of money, time and effort to do and they are far from crap!!! I know a lot of idiots who possess degrees, but I also know a lot of intelligent, forward thinking people who also have degrees. There's a real mix in the EFL world and I am a very creative person and Yes! I hold a degree. To be a teacher, I believe that you have to be enthusiastic, patient, caring and willing to go the distance and able to deliver the lesson in a way where the ss can relate to you. If they come away from the lesson enjoying themselves and learning something then that is what being a teacher is all about. I think EFL is getting tougher these days, because of idiots who ruin it for everybody else. It isn't easy to get your flight paid for to and from your own country as some people were taking the flights and running and now some places expect MAs in linguistics and so on. It's getting quite over the top but to bash everyone whose been to uni and worked for TEFL qualifications just makes you as silly as the other idiots about. It is also a silly statement to say that the "only" creative people are those without fancy qualifications?!!!!!!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Silverboy's offerings -- who cares -- 2008-06-14
Re: Silverboy -- jersey -- 2008-06-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Silverboy

Go to another board -