TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: English First demand over 9000 RMB from me or they will call police - they won
Crazy Girl ( to work in China for English First!!) - 2008-06-28

Check out what Linguisticus says - do you think he is some bottom-feeder working on behalf of EF?

There were many things wrong with the school and of course being new to China I spoke up and then the DOS and his stupid underhand cronies tried to make my life very difficult.

In the end I told the DOS that he is the one to be careful because I might hand in my notice and then he backed down because deep down he knows I am a good teacher. The students like me and I am pretty concientious.

He also has the problem that one less teacher means a lot more hours to be worked by everyone else. These people are so stupid - why cut off your nose to spite your face. You would think they would try to be good employers because if people leave it creates work for everyone else.

But actually the sole purpose of a lot of the teachers I work with in China is just to get drunk every night. It's a pleasure ride rather than a long term career thing. Which is fine in itself, but is not OK when it leads to total selfish behaviour and big cover ups and honest hardworking teachers like me being made the scapegoat for everything.

Things have calmed down but still I want to leave. I have been threatened with the police and blackmailed by the DOS trying to extort money out of me - of course I want to leave and work for a better school. I have never been treated so badly.

The contract was a lie of course, the flat was very dirty plus it was occupied by another MALE stranger before I came even though they told me this would not happen.

They have paid me on time - but they like to sack people a few days before pay day and keep their money. I expect this is what they will try to do to me.

Fabricate some lies and sack me and take my pay cheque - that is there style. It happened before to previous employers.

I feel so stupid and naive - to think I have been suffering all this time when all I had to do is contact these people you have told me.

Once I inform the immigration police - what will they do?

P.S - Check out what Linguisticus says - do you think he is some bottom-feeder working on behalf of EF?

Messages In This Thread
Re: English First demand over 9000 RMB from me or they will call police - they won -- Crazy Girl ( to work in China for English First!!) -- 2008-06-28
Re: English First demand over 9000 RMB from me or they will call police - they won -- Linguisticuys -- 2008-06-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: English First demand over 9000 RMB from me or they will call police - they won

Go to another board -