TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: English First demand over 9000 RMB from me or they will call police - they won
Linguisticuys - 2008-06-28
In response to Re: English First demand over 9000 RMB from me or they will call police - they won (Crazy Girl ( to work in China for English First!!))

You surely know how to drive a minority of fellow FTs to demonstrations of sympathy for you, Crazy Girl, but I remain highly unmoved yet. This is not because I am a thick-skinned dinosaur; it is because I have seen too many posts like yours and have long ago formed the opinion it takes two to cheat.

You said you could go to the police, but for what reason? I think if your employer threatens you with reporting you to the PSB they must have some hard evidence to put you in a tight spot.

Also, I wonder how YOU KNOW about dismissals of FORMER foreign teachers at your EF branch - if you are the newbie you have let us believe you are then such a statement should be viewed with a lot of doubts!

I am no longer a fan of teachers who are so "popular" with their students they get standing ovations! A very cursory glimpse in a classroom will reveal to most that teachers and students are at opposite ends of a social hierarchy in which n o sentimentality is reserved for the other side.

SOmething is telling me you are not an Anglo-Saxon FT; maybe your employer holds your natiionality against you, not perhaps out of some prejudice but because your claimed qualifications and experience do not match EF's requirements?

Such things do happen - more frequently than is admitted in this forum!

Messages In This Thread
Re: English First demand over 9000 RMB from me or they will call police - they won -- Crazy Girl ( to work in China for English First!!) -- 2008-06-28
Re: English First demand over 9000 RMB from me or they will call police - they won -- Linguisticuys -- 2008-06-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: English First demand over 9000 RMB from me or they will call police - they won

Go to another board -