TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › yes, really...
ESL_IN_ASIA - 2004-10-28
In response to Third world? not really (me)

:( Well, I expected some critique on that comment. But heres my defense. Of course I would NOT call them that to their face. Actually, they are second-world not third, but anyway. I merely pointed that out because it is a FACT that those countries DONT have the laws and civility other nations have.

As I reminded someone here before, Tiananmen Square in April-June of 89 was not so long ago. A Chinese-American friend I have left China because of that kind of f**cking crimes against humanity.

Stellas premise is that the riskier countries are better paying because of less taxes and regulation. However, back in Canada, or wherever, taxes are high, jobs are low, but things are regulated and safe. I reminded her, nicely, that it doesnt quite work like that.

Why? Because, poor countries will not pay out a wad of cash to some foreigner that they distain from the beginning, nor should they. Listen, Ive lived in some poor countries and had a great time. However, the pay and security was crap. I wouldnt have left North America if my job didnt go to India and white collar jobs are as hard to find now as a peace loving Republican.

But I did wise-up and go to Japan, another stable and rich country. And I must say that Im satisfied. Of course, Id like to go back home someday better prepared for a better job. I personally am fed up with the Czech Republics and the xenophobic unregulated countries. Its simply NOT a good life. Japan is xenophobic, but not that much, its highly regulated and pays VERY well.

Even you, I might add, have problems with your visa and are considering efl-law. Do you enjoy that??? Is that a barrel of laughs, eh? In fact, your experience sounds a bit nave for someone your age. Ive traveled a lot, I mean a lot, and I dont have those kind of problems because I can smell a rat. Remember, you are JUST a foreigner in those kinds of countries: end of story.

You can sound altruistic about them all you want, but to them, you are a scummy foreigner who has no right to complain: you can just get the hell out of the country if you dont do it our way. Thats the difference between Korea, China and shall I say it, the first-world.

Peace out

Messages In This Thread
Letters to Presidents, Ambassadors, & Ministers: -- Alan -- 2004-10-23
Let's post our accomplishments, here! -- Mild -- 2004-10-26
Unions -- Richard -- 2004-11-19
Keep sending those letters to President Roh, South Korea -- Stella -- 2004-10-27
really? -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-10-27
Third world? not really -- me -- 2004-10-28
Taking part in making history! -- Mild -- 2004-10-28
I will....thanks for the address -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-10-28
yes, really... -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-10-28
1st 2nd 3rd world, whatever. -- Dos -- 2004-10-29
Dos...go grab a beer and relax man -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-10-29
Chilled -- Dos -- 2004-10-30
One world -- me -- 2004-10-29
Yawn....you again -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-10-29
Sho fly, don't bother us! -- Beatrix -- 2004-10-30
It must be the smell from your pile in your head -- ESL_IN_ASIA -- 2004-10-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › yes, really...

Go to another board -