TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Guangzhou Worldy Education Department
Steve - 2008-07-23
In response to Guangzhou Worldy Education Department (David Stone)

Yeah - avoid at all costs. I was lucky that I was already in China and between jobs when I applied there - several people arrived from the US while I was there and were carted off to other cities having been promised work in Guangzhou. I guess people aren't going to argue in that kind of situation.

I was told I would be working in a middle school (as I have done previously) yet was pressured into doing a 'test lesson' with 7 year olds, then expected to start in a primary school (well, about 6 different ones actually) immediately with boasts/threats that the 'company' had a monopoly on all the state school positions in the province.

I admire her pluck though - such barefaced lying must be difficult. During most of our pointless meetings before I quit, she would receive easily audible mobile calls from other teachers complaining about every aspect of the company, yet continue making empty promises as if I was deaf/stupid. She also failed to realise that I could understand most everything she tried to conceal from me by speaking very fast to her colleagues in Chinese, which was fairly amusing to be honest. I quit after two weeks of being messed around as I had other options and the funds to fly-fly-fly away, others clearly weren't so lucky.

Messages In This Thread
Guangzhou Worldy Education Department -- David Stone -- 2008-04-15
Re: Guangzhou Worldy Education Department -- Beware -- 2008-10-16
Re: Guangzhou Worldy Education Department -- Steve -- 2008-07-23
Re: Guangzhou Worldy Education Department -- Brian -- 2010-08-10
Re: Guangzhou Worldy Education Department -- DoDo -- 2010-08-10
Re: Guangzhou Worldy Education Department -- Ronnie.de -- 2012-07-21
Re: Guangzhou Worldy Education Department -- Brian -- 2012-08-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Guangzhou Worldy Education Department

Go to another board -