TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Aston English Wuhan - Teachers Discussion
Steve - 2008-07-27

I think your comments about treatment by the school are a little at odds with each other: You say that they treat you well, but treat you like crap at the same time. Aren't those things mutually exclusive?

To paraphrase: You don't care if you are snubbed, and treat like an outsider, by other teachers? Where did that comment come from?! Did this happen to you at an Aston school? You seem a little bitter about a past experience you've had teaching in China. If so, then I'm sorry about that, but don't tar all schools with the same brush, because thats just not fair - and you know it.

Regarding the shared apartments: In my experience people often see that as a plus point, since it means that when coming to a (very!) foreign country like China they have an instant friend to help them settle in. It was certainly a plus point for me when I first got here. If you prefer to shun your colleagues, then that is your choice... and seems to tie in with your comments I mention in my previous paragraph.

And finally, no, we cannot "all agree" that Aston is a bottom of the barrel school - though you are obviously entitled to your opinion, do not expect everyone to think the way you do.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Aston English Wuhan - Teachers Discussion -- Steve -- 2008-07-27
Re: Aston English Wuhan - Teachers Discussion -- Aussie Girl -- 2008-07-28
Re: Aston English Wuhan - Teachers Discussion -- Heidi -- 2008-07-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Aston English Wuhan - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -