TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Surely it can't be true !
OnceWritten - 2004-11-11
In response to The Time for Objective Reminiscence (The Arrogant One)

I've just checked back in to find that you've lost your job, AO. Oh no! I hope you are not letting your employer get away with firing you for a minor health problem. And not even having the grace to talk to you about it and hear your side of the story. Not that I'm too surprised. I've heard of the same thing happening here. Seems those employers are very sensitive in only one area...their pocketbooks. They panic if even one student complains. Aren't there any employment standards that they have to follow, even if you don't have a union?

Nice that you have time to hang around Starbucks; I envy that part. That and the English papers and magazines, and time to just sit and watch the people drift in and out. And browse in those bookstores, the big ones like Borders and the cool second-hand musty ones with the great titles. Like the Time Life Foods of the World Series...fantastic. BUT, if you want to work, surely there is a place for you somewhere? Don't give up. How about starting your own small business? If you're the boss you NEVER have to retire if you don't want to. And I would think it would be a big plus if you could throw a little music instruction in the mix. Also, what about more writing? Your life sounds very interesting.

Drink a flavoured coffee for me, or if you don't like them, then please describe any of the drinks there so I can get a vicarious lift. I really envy you the coffee back in North America.

Be well, :)

OnceWritten

Messages In This Thread
The Time for Objective Reminiscence -- The Arrogant One -- 2004-11-09
Surely it can't be true ! -- OnceWritten -- 2004-11-11
time to put a sock in it -- the observer -- 2004-11-10
The final word -- The Arrogant One -- 2004-11-10
keep on keepin on -- A. Lewis -- 2004-11-10
movin' lots but goin' nowhere -- the observer -- 2004-11-11
Manners -- The Bert -- 2004-11-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Surely it can't be true !

Go to another board -