TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Japan School Warning: Unitas Kofu - Teachers Discussion
Geoff Scoates - 2008-08-16

I saw this review and I currently work for Unitas, I've been working here since October 2007 and I enjoy working for the company. Its not your traditional English teaching school. I came here with a TESOL certification but teaching experience and I was told everything straight up. Things have changed since this last review was written. I do agree that at times things seem hectic at the company in busy periods but thats the way it is in any industry.

Furthermore, the dress code is more relaxed, but thats part of the image the school is going for. They do not want to you to come to work in a suit and tie, they want to form a more casual learning environment for the students. The teaching structure is not as strict as say Nova where you get all your lesson plans made for you (so I've heard, I've never worked for them) but here you get the freedom and liberty to make your own lessons, play education games with your kids and be flexible and creative with your lessons. It gives you more responsibility for your work and your students progress. Some people may not want that responsibility, but I feel that it makes the job more fun and less monotonous. I also know that since I have arrived at Unitas they have made changes in management and it has been for the best. I saw this review here today and wanted to post that it does not fairly represent my experience working for Unitas.

Messages In This Thread
Japan School Warning: Unitas Kofu - Teachers Discussion -- Kelsey -- 2007-11-01
Re Japan School Warning: Unitas Kofu - Teachers Discussion -- Koufuhito -- 2016-10-28
Re Japan School Warning: Unitas Kofu - Teachers Discussion -- Anna -- 2017-04-13
Re Japan School Warning: Unitas Kofu - Teachers Discussion -- Anna -- 2017-04-13
Re: Japan School Warning: Unitas Kofu - Teachers Discussion -- Geoff Scoates -- 2008-08-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Japan School Warning: Unitas Kofu - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -