TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Most Emphatically
The Observer - 2004-12-27
In response to The Internet (Observe This)

Dear Professor This,

I doubt if you remember me, but at another time and in another place you were gracious enough in your kind condescension to allow me to reap from the rich harvest of your experience and wisdom.

Really I can't thank you enough for your kind help on this board. It is rare indeed that a shining star such as yourself appears; so mature and wordly wise, with such a plenitude of experience in the field, and with a truly astonishing appreciation of the abstract notions of contemporary linguistics and second language pedagogy while at the same time being able to comprehend and analyse so thoroughly the more mundane or industrial aspects of language teaching, and, furthemore, to explain them so clearly in language that we the laiety can so easily understand and feel so comfortable with.

This has all been deeply, deeply appreciated. May we have the honour of your personal reference towards your personal bibliography, or even some of your more recent publications? Any seminars or symposiums in the offing in the new year? Please, be assured that we are all of the firm opinion that there is absolutely no need for you to entertain any aspiration towards modesty on this front.

yours most humbly and sincerely,

Messages In This Thread
Degrees -- Alex -- 2004-12-23
The Internet -- Observe This -- 2004-12-26
Degrees -- Alex -- 2004-12-27
And more advice -- Observe This -- 2004-12-28
Most Emphatically -- The Observer -- 2004-12-27
Thank you my good man -- Observe This -- 2004-12-27
Degree response -- Michaelangello -- 2004-12-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Most Emphatically

Go to another board -