TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Asian Disaster - Selfish and Greedy Companies Link
Concerned - 2005-01-02
In response to Horrific!!!! (esl in asia)

Some of the worlds largest companies have all donated funds for the releif effort. I was there fore dissapointed to learn Vodafone the worlds largest mobile comms company, have announced that they will not be funding the effort as a company. Whats even more suprising is that there group cheif executive is born in Asia.
I dont care much for the morality of this company but what upsets me the most is that Vodafone have been awared lucrative deals with the goverment to provide mobile communications for public services such as the emergency service, they allso provide communications for the armed services and various other govermant departments. When its time to take they are quick enough , When its time to give there pockets are sealed. Should the goverment support such ba conmpany. You might like to see the full article at www.bullyweb.info
Personally I have allready changed my mobile phone to rival O2

Messages In This Thread
Asian tsunami disaster -- just one little teacher -- 2004-12-28
Tsunami Message -- Herbert -- 2005-01-04
Info exchance forum Link -- Henry -- 2004-12-29
emergency disaster message board for esl teachers -- Don -- 2004-12-29
Tsunami relief fund -- jamis -- 2005-01-11
Horrific!!!! -- esl in asia -- 2004-12-28
Asian Disaster - Selfish and Greedy Companies Link -- Concerned -- 2005-01-02
I didn't like them either -- esl in asia -- 2005-01-02
there must be something... -- just one little teacher -- 2004-12-28
an idea for helping out -- CB -- 2005-01-09
Viable but Improbable Solution -- Gary -- 2004-12-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Asian Disaster - Selfish and Greedy Companies Link

Go to another board -