TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
· Previous · Next Return to Index › Does anyone know Songyuan Foreign Studies College?
jacques - 2008-09-07

Hi folks
I am planning to teach English in China for the first time and hope to obtain work and move there in the next month or two. I have already looked into quite a few possibilities and have been offered contracts, but have declined on the basis of net research and the usuitability of conditions offered.
I have been contacted by an American person representing the Songyuan Foreign Studies College in Jilin Province, who has offered a promising set of benefits and conditions, with a reasonably clear indication of acceptable requirements. The monthly salary has not yet been agreed to and in fact I understand it is another person who must decide that with me.
Does anyone here know about people's experiences with the college? Also, I have found that many places that I have communicated with expect foreign teachers to work 6 days a week - is that the norm for teachers in China?
I would appreciate any helpful input, thanks - Jacques.

· Previous · Next Return to Index › Does anyone know Songyuan Foreign Studies College?

Go to another board -